• Welcome to the all-new HUG. All content has been converted from the old system, and over the next days we will re-style HUG in a more familiar way.

Sales and availability in your market

hifi_dave

P3esr >>> m30.1

P3esr >>> m30.1

Depends on your budget and room size but any of the larger Harbeth models will do the job very well. If you don't want to go much larger, the M30.1 is truly excellent and can be considered a grown up P3ESR.

Juan M.

Dubai?

Dubai?

More or less I know the speakers I want, the problem is I don't know where to buy them because here in Dubai there is no local dealer. I don't know if I have to contact any other dealer in Asia, and if doing this the warranty is still the same.

{Moderator's comment: please check again in a month or so if you want a local supplier as we are in discussions. Alternatively, please contact Harbeth UK.}

Juan M.

Update Gulf situation

Update Gulf situation

Thank you so much for this, and good luck with the deal. I hope you find the right people. I'll contact again after this month.

{Moderator's comment: Alan is personally handling this very critical step for Harbeth and is likely to make a visit to the Gulf in the next 6 weeks to be sure we have the best long-term partner.}

Juan M.

Gulf availability update?

Gulf availability update?

Any news about the Gulf situation?, was the discussion beneficial for Harbeth?.

I hope so.....

O

orkney

Dealer planning

Dealer planning

I am a little frustrated with Harbeth availability in Canada. I have now owned four pair of Harbeths over the past few years and each time have endured long waits (once over 5 months) for my speakers to arrive. Most recently, in August, I had hoped to purchase a set of P3ESrs for my father's 75th birthday and was told by my dealer to expect a few weeks' delay. Now a few weeks is looking like late December -- more than 4 months after my initial order.

I recognize that Harbeth can only produce a finite number of each model, and that it supplies distributors based on the orders received, but surely if there is a constant backlog, year on year, a rethink of the distributor's order volume might be warranted? I may now be reduced to sending along a framed photo of P3s yet to arrive, or picking up another brand entirely. It's a bit of a shame really.

best,

o

planetsoun

Dealer details?

Dealer details?

Hi Orkney, which dealer did you order them from? Your registration shows you live in the UK. Which city in Canada do you live in? We will follow up with the dealer to see what has happened.
Best,
G.

Z

Zim81

Delivery

Delivery

Hello.
@Alan/Harbeth: Why has the SHL5 such a high delivery time in Germany, my dealer told me round about 2-3 month?

Regards Christian

{Moderator's comment: the end of the Harbeth full order book is summer '14, so if your/any importer has not anticipated demand, planned, and ordered from Harbeth UK...........}

Harry

London dealer?

London dealer?

Hi,

I am a current owner of M30, and is thinking of upgrading to M40.1, I live in Shanghai and there is no where I can get a proper audition, I will be in London for a week later this month and is wondering is there a good dealer in London who won't mind to offer me an audition (ideally in a small room setting to is similar to the size of my listening room in shanghai being 3X4M). Any help on this will be appreciated thanks!!

P.C.

London demo

London demo

Hello Harry. I believe KJwest one: www.kjwestone.co.uk in central London has both Harbeth models and I'm sure has a number of different sized demo rooms.
Hope you enjoy your London trip.
Philip.

A.S.

Harbeth UK
Staff member
Harbeth's total sales rapidly accelerating

I'm delighted to be able to report that since I took steps to restructure Harbeth UK at the end of last year and recruited of new professional staff, we have hit another milsetone in our history. Today, month six, half way through the calendar year, we have an order book that matches the sales billings made during the entire twelve months of last year - and still six months to go - a spectacular growth.

We have recruited two new production staff this month, and have four more to interview next week. Our new Buyer/Scheduler joins us shortly, and this frees up one member of staff to be dedicated solely to being my 'eyes and ears' with a roving remit to maintain the highest possible quality through our business.

Production department are now required to provide a detailed weekly report on their efficiency (as sales department have been this year), and I have authorised the investment of whatever resources, human or mechanical, are needed to increse our productive capacity. We continue to seek larger premises in the locality.

The bottom line is really this: if your local importer is 'in step' with Harbeth UKs production pipeline, dealers will receive a regular supply of Harbeth speakers and lead time will not be an issue thanks to everyones pre-planning. If , for whatever reason, an importer has 'gone quiet' and has no orders in our pipeline, the days of queue jumping and special favours are well and truly over because they are highly disruptive to the smooth, efficient flow of orders. Sales orders incoming is not an issue - production capacity has to be increased to keep pace.

As our sales manager says, "if you snooze, you lose". So if you face what you consider to be an unreasonable lead time quoted for delivery, it might just be worth probing a little deeper. Harbeth UK is a lean, mean production machine! :)