Harbeth loudspeakers are designed and manufactured to a high-quality standard.
The Harbeth warranty:
Is valid for 12 months from date of purchase to the first original owner. Exclusions apply in certain countries in line with national law. Please consult the Harbeth distributor in your country for detailed information.
Can be extended to 36 months for the first original owner if the first original owner registers the speakers on the Harbeth Owner's Registration page of the website.
Is valid only for products purchased directly from an authorised Harbeth retailer or dealer.
Does not cover the cost of returning the product to Harbeth in the UK nor return of the product from Harbeth UK.
Does not cover damages caused by:
- incorrect installation, connection or packing
- incorrect use not described in the Harbeth User Guide, negligence, modifications or use of parts not manufactured or authorised by Harbeth
- faulty or unsuitable third party equipment
- overloading or overdriving
- impact to the cabinets such as toppling off their speaker stands
- natural ageing of the veneer
- corrosion of parts or mould caused by high humidity
- attempted opening or unauthorised repairs to the product
- denting tweeter diaphragms or cracking woofer cones
- snapping-off rear connector terminals
- tears to grille cloth
- smoke, ozone or water damage
Does not cover products whose serial numbers have been altered, removed or made illegible.
Will not be valid if repairs or modifications have been made by or attempted by an individual not authorised by Harbeth.
Making a warranty claim
In order to validate your warranty credentials, you must produce the original receipt showing price paid, date of purchase and sellers name. If the speakers were bought second hand, the warranty is non-transferable to second or subsequent owners.
The warranty claim can only be initiated in the country that the speakers were originally shipped to from Harbeth UK.
To initiate a warranty claim, please contact the approved Harbeth retailer or dealer that you purchased your speakers from in your country who will manage the warranty claim process. The Harbeth retailer or dealer will discuss your concerns and, after contacting Harbeth UK to evaluate the serial number and first-owner status, will complete a Warranty Evaluation Report (WER-1), take appropriate digital photographs and send them to Harbeth UK.
If it is considered necessary the local dealer will arrange the return of the speakers to Harbeth UK for further inspection to Harbeth at their cost.
If the warranty claim is disallowed, the local dealer may decide to return the speakers to Harbeth UK for a paid inspection and repair. When payment has been received, Harbeth UK will release the repaired speakers.
Harbeth's policy is one of continuous improvement, and repairs are limited to Harbeth's best ability to match new for old at its discretion.